A superfood, high protein, grain-free treat healthy enough to eat for breakfast! It also makes the perfect holiday dessert served with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve with apple or pear slices and a warm beverage.
- 3/4 c. creamy almond butter
- 1 1/4 c. mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c. blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1 to 2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1 T. chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the “s” blade and process until smooth and combined. You can also use a hand-held mixer but the food processor is easier and creates a smoother batter.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes. Cool and slice.
- Gingerbread will be fragile hot out of the oven but will firm up once cooled.