This recipe smells wonderful while baking, and is a hearty, high fiber vegetarian main course. Serve with a salad and you have a complete meal!
- 2 c. cooked lentils
- 2 c. cooked quinoa (use more water to make it a little more sticky)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 fresh organic carrots, finely chopped
- 4-5 stalks organic celery, finely chopped
- 1 c. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. ground walnuts
- 1/2 t. ground sage or 1 T. chopped fresh sage
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground pepper
- 1 – 2 t. Sriracha sauce or hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 whole free range, omega rich eggs
- Finely chop onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms in a food processor.
- Saute vegetables in 1 T. olive oil until softened.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Press into a large lightly greased casserole dish.
- Spray or brush the top with a little olive oil to keep the top from getting dry and to make a crispy crust.
- Bake at 375˚ for about 1 hour or until nicely golden on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting.