Roasting fruit always brings out the flavor; it’s more perfumed and robust. And when you throw in some sea salt along with freshly powdered whole fennel seeds plus balsamic vinegar, it takes the strawberries to a whole new level of flavor fiesta!
- 1 lb strawberries, cut in half or quarter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon powdered fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 lb goat cheese greek yogurt
- Place a kitchen towel on a colander and drop the yogurt in it. Tie the ends of kitchen towel tightly and extract the water. Let it rest on the colander and keep a heavy jar or bowl on top of the tied kitchen towel. It will help straining all the water. Allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a baking pan, add strawberries, balsamic vinegar, powdered fennel seeds and salt. Let it bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Allow it to cool completely and then blend it to a puree.
- In a bowl, add strained yogurt and roasted strawberries puree along with sugar and whisk. Check for sugar. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar.
- At this stage, you can pour it in a container and let it rest in the refrigerator to set for few hours or churn it in your ice cream machine.