Winner of the “Most Likely to Repeat” award. A grown-up fresh and healthy spin on the traditional “Rice Krispy Treat” packed with energy boosting nutrients!
- 2-3 T. virgin coconut oil
- 1 c. brown rice syrup
- 3/4 c. almond butter or unsalted peanut butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 6 c. Brown Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 1/2 c. pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (cashew, almond, walnut)
- 1/2 – 3/4 c. raisins or dried cranberries
- Organic dark chocolate
- Put coconut oil into a medium-sized saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add brown rice syrup and nut butter.
- Heat until tiny bubbles form, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Immediately take the pot off the heat and add the vanilla. Stir it again.
- Place brown rice crispy cereal into a large bowl and add any of the optional additions.
- Pour the hot rice syrup mixture over it. Immediately mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan and press mixture flat. You may need to place a little coconut oil or water on your hands so the mixture won’t stick to them.
- If adding the chocolate topping, then take desired amount of dark chocolate and place into a heavy-bottomed saucepan over very low heat.
- Heat until completely melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over top of crispy treats, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Cool completely before slicing into bars.
Source “The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook”