Here’s a dinnertime warmer with a hint of spring’s sweetness, designed for that day when you’d rather be outside than slaving over the stove.
- 6 bone-in organic, free range chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 t. freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 T. white-wine vinegar
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours.
- Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, and stir in vinegar.