A healthy, high protein, grain-free treat! It also makes the perfect holiday dessert served with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve with appeal or pear slices and warm spice tea!
- 3/4 c. creamy almond butter
- 1 1/4 c. mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c. blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 3 drops edible essential orange oil (Young Living) (optional)
- 1 grated apple
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the “s” blade and process until smooth and combined. You can also use a hand-held mixer but the food processor is easier and creates a smoother batter.
Pour batter into greased and lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 min, or until top begins to split.
- Muffins will be fragile hot out of the oven but will firm up once cooled.
- Optional – glaze with dairy-free whipped cream or frosting